This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading Christian Evangelical charity based in Buckhurst Hill, Essex.
You will work on the IT Support Desk providing internal customers with outstanding 1st line support and customer service, as you develop your IT skills and gain experience. You’ll also have an opportunity to work alongside highly skilled and knowledgeable colleagues, assisting with the implementation of support call resolutions.
This role may also provide opportunities to gain valuable experience in project implementation and delivery. The Apprentices’ roles and responsibilities are the following;
- Learn how to establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, and help with documenting customer/employee support requests
- Assist with troubleshooting systems, network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Learn how to communicate resolutions; including learning how to prioritise and managing many open cases at one time
- Attempt to escalate requests as required
- Learn how to install and configure computer systems whilst learning about installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Learn how to talk users through a series of actions over the telephone or face to face, to help set resolve issues or setup systems
- Aim to provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports whilst assisting with the supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Deal with the setting up of new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with requests
- Aim to assist with diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults including the opportunity to get involved with testing and evaluating new technology
- Assist in supporting the development of solutions and services; whilst supporting the overall delivery of IT projects
You need to have at least 5 GCSE’s grade A/C or 9/4 including English & Maths.
- We are looking for a bright, intelligent person who is wanting and willing to learn and develop.
- Whilst a strong interest in technology paired with the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and easily is important, our emphasis will be more on your personality, drive, and communication skills.
- You will need to balance many demands so being able to multi-task in a fun but intensive environment where issue prioritisation is a critical skill.
- A positive, can-do attitude and the ability to integrate within the team in addition to using your initiative are essential
- Have a good understanding of a Christian culture
- Proven communication skills
- General IT technical knowledge gained through either school/college, work experience, voluntary employment or self-taught
Training to be provided:
The Apprenticeship scheme will enable you to gain the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to provide first or second line support to internal and external customers and stakeholders to help them be productive when using technology. By the end of the programme, you will be able to set people up on their IT systems and provide support when needed, rectifying issues to maintain colleagues’ and the organisation’s productivity. Job roles include helpdesk technician, first or second line IT support roles or Network support roles. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Infrastructure Technician (Standard) Level 3 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required) MTA Network Fundamentals/CompTIA A+/ CompTIA Network+ professional qualification (Choose one option).
As well as the chance to receive full on the job training throughout, by the end of the apprenticeship you’ll have gained nationally accredited qualifications.
The company also aim to offer the apprentice a permanent role at the end of the training (subject to successfully completing course and objectives)
Salary £14,000 pa
Full time, Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm
There is a requirement for the job holder to be a practising Christian as functions within this role will require knowledge and personal experience of the Christian faith.